The Liberating Luddite


Dan, the renowned founder and author of PPC Luddite, has joined the PowerPC Liberation writing team.  Please join me in welcoming him.

I feel truly honoured and privileged to have someone like Dan be part of this blog.  In my opinion this will bring an already close PowerPC community even closer.

For at least the next couple months, I will be taking a total break from active blog activity, like posting and commenting etc.  I will still be handling the administrative side of things, and commenting where I really feel a need on occasion, but the over two years of running this place has left me in dire need of a total break from the active side.

This doesn't mean Dan will no longer be a writer when I return; far from it.  He will be an author here for as long as he desires.  He isn't here as a temporary replacement, but rather just arriving at the time I needed help.

Don't think I'm tired of blogging, because I'm not, and I plan on this blog being around for many years to come.  I have a chance now to spend more time with my girlfriend over the next couple months, which is something we rarely do more than a couple hours in the evening before bed, as we both have very busy lives.  I just need some real life time away from all tech that isn't directly work related.  I shall return refreshed by early next year.

For now it's the Mark (fiftysixk) and Dan show here, and I know you will enjoy it, so just sit back and take it all in.

So again, welcome to the Liberation family, Dan!

9 comments:

  1. welcome dan! now we can read your writing on two powerpc blogs. sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Luddite! I'm a regular reader of the his blog. Very pleased that there will be more of his writing here. Well done, zen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard Dan! I have always been a fan of your work at PPC Luddite. The knowledge gained from your writings has been a cornerstone in my journey with Debian. I am looking forward to having you on board.

    I'm going to echo Zen here, it will be an honor and a privilege to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!!! Can we see some articles about running bsd on ppc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you need to read a blog post about using BSD, then you're not ready to use it. Read more about it here.

      Delete
  5. I just realized that "Liberating Luddite" sounds like something Ubuntu might call one of their releases. Maybe I need to copyright it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When they go back to the "A's" the Advertising Aardvark would be a good one.

      Delete